Anxiety, heartbreak, and tenderness mark the in-between state. It’s the kind of place we usually want to avoid. The challenge is to stay in the middle rather than buy into struggle and complaint. The challenge is to let it soften us rather than make us more rigid and afraid. Becoming intimate with the queasy feeling of being in the middle of nowhere only makes our hearts more tender. When we are brave enough to stay in the middle, compassion arises spontaneously. By not knowing, not hoping to know, and not acting like we know what’s happening, we begin to access our inner strength.
From Pema Chödrön's The Places That Scare You
I need to memorize this paragraph!!!
15 Notes/ Hide
- michdono likes this
- thosepathetic-smiles likes this
- quarrelsir reblogged this from alice007world
- alice007world reblogged this from knittingwithknives
- restlessbluebird reblogged this from knittingwithknives
- chellietbby likes this
- les-kashiyuka reblogged this from 2pmchansung
- playful-baekhyun reblogged this from 2pmchansung
- 2pmchansung reblogged this from knittingwithknives
- knittingwithknives posted this